News and Announcements
- 02/06/2015 - Proposed changes to Agricultural Land Use Regulations will be discussed at Agricultural Policy Advisory Commission on Thursday February 12th at 1:30 pm. Staff report available here.
- 12/29/2014 - Public Meeting in Felton regarding Legalization Assistance Permit Program (LAPP) re-scheduled for Thursday January 8, 2015.
Click here for more info.
- 10/30/2014 - Public Meeting in Aptos regarding Legalization Assistance Permit Program (LAPP) scheduled for Monday November 17. Click here for more info.
- 10/16/2014 - Vacation Rental Amemdments. See links to documents below:
Letter of Solicitation
Description of Proposed Changes to Vacation Rental Ordinance
Seacliff / Aptos Designated Area (SADA) map
- 10/03/2014 - Legalization Assistance Permit Program (LAPP) now effective. See links to documents below:
LAPP Informational Handout (Versión en Español)
LAPP Application (Versión en Español)
Sample Plot Plan (Versión en Español)
The Planning Commission agenda is available here.
For more information visit: http://sustainablesantacruzcounty.org/project-overview/
- 09/22/2014 - Click here to view Sept. 16th presentation to Board of Supervisors (Item #42) regarding Environmental, Fire and Health & Safety issues related to outdoor cannabis cultivation.
- 08/08/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies County ordinance modernizing commercial regulations for hotels and motels. Now effective countywide.
- 07/23/2014 - The Public Review Draft of the Sustainable Santa Cruz County Plan has been released. The public comment period is through August 18. Comments received by August 18 will be considered in revising the document into a final Plan, and all comments will be forwarded to the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisorsl. Find the plan online at http://sustainablesantacruzcounty.org/documents/project-documents/.
Comment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: Visit www.SustainableSantaCruzCounty.org
- 07/10/2014 - Click here for the Draft Summary & Recommendation for the Update on Afforadable Housing Regulations
- 06/11/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies an ordinance updating Santa Cruz County Coastal Zone regulations. Revised Chapter 13.20 now in effect countywide. Click here to view strikeout version.
- 05/27/2014- Sustainable Santa Cruz County: Let’s keep the conversation going! Upcoming Community Workshops for the Sustainable Santa Cruz County Plan will be repeated five times:
- June 2, 7:00 PM, Main Street Elementary 3400 N. Main Street, Soquel
- June 3, 7:00 PM, Live Oak Elementary 1916 Capitola Road, Santa Cruz
- June 7, 10:00 AM, Live Oak Grange 1900 17th Avenue, Santa Cruz
- June 9, 7:00 PM, Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary 8005 Winkle Avenue, Santa Cruz
- June 10, 7:00 PM, St. John’s Episcopal Church 125 Canterbury Drive, Aptos
For more information: 831-454-3290 or visit SustainableSantaCruzCounty.org
- 05/20/2014 - Board of Supervisors approves Draft Economic Vitality Strategy for a 45-day public review and comment period ending July 7.
- 03/18/2014 - Board of Supervisors expands the applicability of minor exceptions, special garage standards and setback adjustments to facilitate environmental protection, subject to Coastal Commission certification.
- 02/25/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies General Plan amendment and a Zoning Ordinance amendment to reduce the threshold for discretionary review of large dwellings from 7,000 square feet to 5,000 square feet. Effective as of February 13, 2014.
- 01/28/2014 - Board of Supervisors approves a County Code amendment providing for exceptions to sign standards. Coastal Commission certification is pending.
- 10/24/2013 - Bonny Doon Blanket Tree Removal Permit documents now posted on website.
- 04/29/2013 - First of two Community Meetings regarding East Cliff Village Shopping Center. Simpkins Family Swim Center, 979 17th Avenue, 7:00 p.m.
- 04/22/2013 - "Pasatiempo Sewering Sphere of Influence & Annexation Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration" Public Review Period: April 22, 2013 through May 21, 2013
- 03/29/2013 - Santa Cruz County’s new Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) is now effective countywide. A WELO webpage, calculators and other useful information is available online, also linked under Handouts & Forms
- 02/26/2013 - Board of Supervisors approves Climate Action Strategy. See Climate Action Strategy page for details.
Click here for Responses to Public Comments Received at Winter 2010/2011 Community Forums and Focus Groups