News and Announcements
- Please click here for the 2015 Homeless Census & Survey.
- On August 1 2015, building permit application process and plan submittal changes take effect. See the flow chart for the new process.
- July 2015 - Draft 2015 update to Housing Element to be heard by Planning Commission (date to be announced)
- 05/25/2015 - Vacation rental ordinance amendment certified by Coastal Commission; now effective. See links to documents below:
- 05/19/2015 - Draft of proposed changes to Agricultural Land Use Regulations, Wineries and Chapter 18.10 (permit approvals) reviewed by Board of Supervisors. Staff report available here.
- 01/07/2015 – Coastal Commission certifies amendment to expand applicability of minor exceptions and special garage standards. Ordinance 5181 effective countywide.
- 10/28/2014 – Sustainable Santa Cruz County Plan accepted by Board of Supervisors. Staff report available here.
- 10/03/2014 - Legalization Assistance Permit Program (LAPP) now effective. See links to documents below:
- 08/08/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies County ordinance modernizing commercial regulations for hotels and motels. Now effective countywide.
- 07/10/2014 - Click here for the Draft Summary & Recommendation for the Update on Afforadable Housing Regulations
- 06/12/2014 – Coastal Commission certifies amendment allowing exceptions to sign standards. Ordinance 5202 effective countywide.
- 06/11/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies an ordinance updating Santa Cruz County Coastal Zone regulations. Revised Chapter 13.20 now in effect countywide. Click here to view strikeout version.
- 05/20/2014 - Board of Supervisors approves Draft Economic Vitality Strategy for a 45-day public review and comment period ending July 7.
- 02/25/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies General Plan amendment and a Zoning Ordinance amendment to reduce the threshold for discretionary review of large dwellings from 7,000 square feet to 5,000 square feet. Effective as of February 13, 2014.
- 10/24/2013 - Bonny Doon Blanket Tree Removal Permit documents posted on website.
- 03/29/2013 - Santa Cruz County’s new Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) is now effective countywide. A WELO webpage, calculators and other useful information is available online, also linked under Handouts & Forms
- 02/26/2013 - Board of Supervisors approves Climate Action Strategy. See Climate Action Strategy page for details.
Click here for Responses to Public Comments Received at Winter 2010/2011 Community Forums and Focus Groups