News and Announcements
- 02/25/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies General Plan amendment and a Zoning Ordinance amendment to reduce the threshold for discretionary review of large dwellings from 7,000 square feet to 5,000 square feet. Effective as of February 13, 2014.
- 01/28/2014 - Board of Supervisors approves two regulatory changes: County Code and General Plan amendments regarding hotels in commercial districts, and a County Code amendment providing for exceptions to sign standards. Coastal Commission certification is pending for both items.
- 10/24/2013 - Bonny Doon Blanket Tree Removal Permit documents now posted on website.
- 08/03/2013 - Initial Study for the Aptos High School Athletic Field is now open for comments through August 22, 2013
- 04/30/2013- June 3rd is the Second Community Meeting regarding East Cliff Village Shopping Center. Simpkins Family Swim Center, 979 17th Avenue, 7:00 p.m.
- 04/30/2013 - 05/13/2013, 05/21/2013 & 05/22/2013 are the dates for Community Workshops #2 for the Transit Corridors Plan for Sustainable Communities, looking at land-use and transportation ideas in focus areas. Various locations, 6:30 p.m.
- 04/29/2013 - First of two Community Meetings regarding East Cliff Village Shopping Center. Simpkins Family Swim Center, 979 17th Avenue, 7:00 p.m.
- 04/22/2013 - "Pasatiempo Sewering Sphere of Influence & Annexation Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration" Public Review Period: April 22, 2013 through May 21, 2013
- 03/29/2013 - Santa Cruz County’s new Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) is now effective countywide. A WELO webpage, calculators and other useful information is available online, also linked under Handouts & Forms
- 02/21/2013 - Board of Supervisors public hearing on the Climate Action Strategy, Tuesday February 26th, 2013 9:00 a.m. or thereafter. See Climate Action Strategy page for details.
Click here for Responses to Public Comments Received at Winter 2010/ 2011 Community Forums and Focus Groups