Bookmark and Share
Planning Department Banner, This link takes you back to home page

Temporary Housing Permits

Meeting Housing Needs During Disaster Recovery

Occupying recreational vehicles (RVs) and other types of temporary structures or accommodations is allowed with approval of an administrative Temporary Housing Permit (“THP”) issued by the County Planning Department. THPs may be issued for previously legally developed sites in the burn area that were damaged by the fire, and for legally developed sites that are not in the burn area when the temporary accommodation houses people who were displaced by fire. A THP will not be issued for any vacant parcel or, at least at this time, a parcel that was developed without permits, inside or outside the burn area.

The THP can be issued after an expedited review. Temporary accommodations approved through a THP are not required to meet all current standards that apply to permanent uses or structures. This approach can support temporary or phased occupancy while rebuilding.