News and Announcements
- 07/23/2014 - The Public Review Draft of the Sustainable Santa Cruz County Plan has been released. The public comment period is through August 18. Comments received by August 18 will be considered in revising the document into a final Plan, and all comments will be forwarded to the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisorsl. Find the plan online at http://sustainablesantacruzcounty.org/documents/project-documents/
Comment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information: call (831) 454-3290 or visit www.SustainableSantaCruzCounty.org
- 07/10/2014 - Click here for the Draft Summary & Recommendation for the Update on Afforadable Housing Regulations
- 05/27/2014- Sustainable Santa Cruz County : Let’s keep the conversation going! Upcoming Community Workshops for the Sustainable Santa Cruz County Plan will be repeated five times:
June 2, 7:00 PM, Main Street Elementary 3400 N. Main Street, Soquel
June 3, 7:00 PM, Live Oak Elementary 1916 Capitola Road, Santa Cruz
June 7, 10:00 AM, Live Oak Grange 1900 17th Avenue, Santa Cruz
June 9, 7:00 PM, Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary 8005 Winkle Avenue, Santa Cruz
June 10, 7:00 PM, St. John’s Episcopal Church 125 Canterbury Drive, Aptos
For more information: 831-454-3290 or visit SustainableSantaCruzCounty.org
- 04/08/2014 - Board of Supervisors adopts an ordinance updating County Coastal Zone Regulations (Chapter 13.20) to improve consistency with the California Coastal Act. Not in effect until final certification by Coastal Commission.
- 03/18/2014 - Board of Supervisors expands the applicability of minor exceptions, special garage standards and setback adjustments to facilitate environmental protection, subject to Coastal Commission certification.
- 02/25/2014 - Coastal Commission certifies General Plan amendment and a Zoning Ordinance amendment to reduce the threshold for discretionary review of large dwellings from 7,000 square feet to 5,000 square feet. Effective as of February 13, 2014.
- 01/28/2014 - Board of Supervisors approves two regulatory changes: County Code and General Plan amendments regarding hotels in commercial districts, and a County Code amendment providing for exceptions to sign standards. Coastal Commission certification is pending for both items.
- 10/24/2013 - Bonny Doon Blanket Tree Removal Permit documents now posted on website.
- 04/29/2013 - First of two Community Meetings regarding East Cliff Village Shopping Center. Simpkins Family Swim Center, 979 17th Avenue, 7:00 p.m.
- 04/22/2013 - "Pasatiempo Sewering Sphere of Influence & Annexation Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration" Public Review Period: April 22, 2013 through May 21, 2013
- 03/29/2013 - Santa Cruz County’s new Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) is now effective countywide. A WELO webpage, calculators and other useful information is available online, also linked under Handouts & Forms
- 02/26/2013 - Board of Supervisors approves Climate Action Strategy. See Climate Action Strategy page for details.
Click here for Responses to Public Comments Received at Winter 2010/ 2011 Community Forums and Focus Groups