You are here: Planning Home » News Archive
- 09/14/2015- Fee changes took effect on October 5th. Issued permits will be subject to the fee increases if they are not issued prior to October 1st at 3:00 pm (the counter is closed on Fridays).
- 09/04/2015- Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP) is available for public review and comment. The document is found online here. The review and comment period on the updated document will run through September 18th, 2015. The document can also be viewed at the Aptos, Live Oak, Felton and Santa Cruz Main Branches of the Santa Cruz Public Library, and in the Planning Department at the County Administrative Building. For information contact David Carlson of the Planning Department: email@example.com (831) 454-3173. Comments can also be mailed to the Planning Department, 701 Ocean Street, 4th Floor, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
- 08/07/2015- New email box for general Zoning questions is now available. Email Zoning questions to Planning.ZoningInfo@santacruzcounty.us. It is helpful if you can also include your address or parcel number.
- 07/20/2015- Proposed Draft Housing Element 2016-2023 is available for public review and comment. The document is found online here. Review and discussion of the draft document is on the agenda of several upcoming public meetings: Planning Commission (July 22), Housing Advisory Commission (July 22), and Board of Supervisors (August 4). These are also opportunities for public input. For information contact Sarah Neuse of the Planning Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please click here for the 2015 Homeless Census & Survey.
- On August 1 2015, building permit application process and plan submittal changes take effect. See the flow chart for the new process.
- July 2015- Draft 2015 update to Housing Element to be heard by Planning Commission (date to be announced)
- 06/12/2015- Coastal Commission certifies amendment allowing exceptions to sign standards. Ordinance 5202 effective countywide.
- 05/25/2015- Vacation rental ordinance amendment certified by Coastal Commission; now effective. See links to documents below:
- 05/19/2015- Draft of proposed changes to Agricultural Land Use Regulations, Wineries and Chapter 18.10 (permit approvals) reviewed by Board of Supervisors. Staff report available here.
- 04/14/2015- Click here to view March 24th presentation to Board of Supervisors (Item #56) regarding Environmental, Fire and Health & Safety issues related to outdoor cannabis cultivation.
- 02/24/2015- Affordable Housing Guidelines adopted by Board of Supervisors.
- 01/07/2015- Coastal Commission certifies amendment to expand applicability of minor exceptions and special garage standards. Ordinance 5181 effective countywide.
- 10/28/2014- Sustainable Santa Cruz County Plan accepted by Board of Supervisors. Staff report available here.
- 10/03/2014- Legalization Assistance Permit Program (LAPP) now effective. See links to documents below:
- 09/22/2014- Click here to view Sept. 16th presentation to Board of Supervisors (Item #42) regarding Environmental, Fire and Health & Safety issues related to outdoor cannabis cultivation.
- 08/08/2014- Coastal Commission certifies County ordinance modernizing commercial regulations for hotels and motels. Now effective countywide.
- 06/11/2014- Coastal Commission certifies an ordinance updating Santa Cruz County Coastal Zone regulations. Revised Chapter 13.20 now in effect countywide. Click here to view strikeout version.
- 05/20/2014- Board of Supervisors approves Draft Economic Vitality Strategy for a 45-day public review and comment period ending July 7.
- 02/25/2014- Coastal Commission certifies General Plan amendment and a Zoning Ordinance amendment to reduce the threshold for discretionary review of large dwellings from 7,000 square feet to 5,000 square feet. Effective countywide.
- 10/24/2013- Bonny Doon Blanket Tree Removal Permit documents posted on website.
- 03/29/2013- Santa Cruz County’s new Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (WELO) is now effective countywide. A WELO webpage, calculators and other useful information is available online, also linked under Handouts & Forms
- 02/26/2013- Board of Supervisors approves Climate Action Strategy. See Climate Action Strategy page for details.
- 1/15/2013- Low Income Senior and Disabled Property Tax Postponement Program
- Winter 2012- Responses to public comments received at a series of Community Forums and Focus Groups
- 12/18/2012 - Los Altos Rod and Gun Club Noise Assessment
- 12/18/2012- Los Altos Rod and Gun Club Noise Mitigation Options Report
- 10/10/12- Coastal Commission approves revised regulations for Non- conforming structures and uses. Rules are now uniform countywide.
- 09/18/12- Aptos Village Project Documents
- 09/11/12- East Cliff Drive Pedestrian Improvements
- 08/10/12- County of Santa Cruz Center for Public Safety
- 07/23/12- New Zoning and Building Permit Fees Go Into Effect August 27, 2012
- 05/14/12- Climate Action Strategy
- 04/20/12- Application Requirements for Modification of Non-conforming Structures and Uses
- 04/20/12- Ordinance: Non-conforming Uses and Structures, Commercial Changes of Use, Parking Standards, Geologic Hazards and Level 4 Permits (now effective outside Coastal Zone)
- 04/20/12- Evaluating Modification of Major Structural Components
- 02/27/12- Pajaro River Bench Excavation Project
- 01/23/12- FAR and Residential Square Footage Determinations - Revised Administrative Guidelines
- 10/18/11- Aptos Village Project Documents
- 07/13/11- Vacation Rental Ordinance
- 07/13/11- Vacation Rental Application Information
- 03/30/11- Interim Programmatic Habitat Conservation Plan (IPHCP)
- 02/10/11- Single-use Bag Reduction Ordinance
- 12/15/10- Minor Exceptions Ordinance (now in effect outside the Coastal Zone)